We are committed to the health and well-being of our guests and Spa family. We have instituted and enhanced our service protocols to ensure our guests and employees a safe and healthy environment. We have consulted with experts in healthcare, infectious disease, massage therapy, and board of esthetics to confirm that we have been incorporating the best practices for a safe and health solution without sacrificing the relaxation or our guest’s well-being.
Today more than ever COVID-19 isolation and uncertainty have impacted the lives of many. Spa services that include massage therapy can help relieve tension in your muscles and connective tissues, increase blood flow and promote relaxation, massage has proven to help relieve the physical symptoms associated with depression, anxiety, headache, insomnia and widespread muscle pain.
Regular Massage treatments, facial treatments, and healing pedicures; not only relieves tension but helps to improve one’s own physical appearance, It’s important at every age to look and feel your best.
We are committed to providing a clean and safe environment for our guests and team members. During the COVID-19 shutdown we have brought our facility up to an even greater level of Cleanliness that meets the CDC regulations; this includes additional safety measures before, during and upon completion of each service as we move forward.
~We are continuously and thoroughly wiping down all service rooms and tools with approved hospital-grade or EPA-registered disinfectants.
~Disinfecting bathrooms and common areas throughout the day at a minimum of once every hour
~Service providers ware wearing gloves during services upon client request.
~Every employee has been required to pass two Spa Sanitation and Illness Prevention courses. Employees perform a practical assessment to ensure they follow the strict guidelines we enforce, including proper hand washing.
~A pre-check service is provided for all guest and employees prior to entering the facility.
~Employee health checks and guest check includes a temperature check
~Employees are to wear mandatory mask at all times.
~Spa guests are to wear masks at all time
~We use the industry’s best Botanical Disinfectants and Wipes on all hard surfaces throughout the entire facility. These disinfectants kill enveloped viruses such as HIV-1, Influenza A and Influenza and other viruses at extremely high levels. These disinfectants also effectively kill viruses in the non-enveloped virus category, specifically Norovirus and Rhinovirus.
~Our sheets and face covers are changed after each client and washed at high temperature recommended by various public health authorities. Face covers also use both flannel and microfiber to offer a double line of protection.
~All linens will be changed after each service and washed; treatment room beds will have disposable paper table liners when having any wax services.
~The Salon and Spa has an aggressive cleaning schedule throughout the day as well as the days that the spa is closed.
~All service rooms will be thoroughly wiped down with a hot hand towel or washcloth with one of the two approved hospital-grade disinfectants used here at Nicholas Michaels Spa.
~It is well known that the COVID-19 virus cannot survive on temperatures greater than 115 degrees Fahrenheit. While we wash all towels after each use, we also prep these clean towels pre-use in towel cabbies that heat the towels to 150 -160 degrees Fahrenheit.
~Hand sanitizer will be available at our front counter and in every treatment room for use by both our customers and service providers.
We anticipate that a new emphasis on “disease control” will become standard practice in all industries.
We have adopted a new payment method to limit traffic in the spa at any given time.
A Salon /Spa representative greets our guests outside and notifies the front desk and team member of your arrival. Guests wait in their cars and the attendant will let you know when their treatment room is ready. We stagger appointment start times by the hour to limit the amount of people in the spa.
All employees and guest enter through the side entrance and exit out our front door,
We have already added a new touch-free process for customer agreements, member and guest payments and forms. We are also looking into new app that will allow you to select upgrades during your appointment and will will automatically check you in, this application will enable you to pay and handle gratuities
We know that change is inevitable; one thing that we are certain of is that we are here for you. With one of the cleanest and safest salon/spa facilities in metro west. Our commitment remains focused; the safety of our guests and our spa family is very important to us. We want you to feel safe while spending time here at the home of Nicholas Michaels Spa. Indulge in the luxuries while addressing the necessities, looking good and feeling good is important at every age.
Thank you for your trust and for allowing us to be your Salon and Spa service providers.
Nicholas Michaels Spa family
- Visual markers were placed to encourage all clients to remain at least 6 feet apart are placed throughout the spa.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol are placed throughout.
- Waiting areas will be closed.
- All non-essential amenities have been removed (magazines, customer-facing water or coffee, coat rooms etc.)
- The spa will be frequently cleaned and disinfected (at least daily)
- Heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently throughout the day (e.g., doorknobs, rolling carts, bathrooms)
- In the event of a positive case, NMSPA will be shut down for a deep cleaning and disinfecting of the workplace in accordance with current CDC guidance.
- Are arranged to be spaced out at least 6 feet apart.
- Have physical partitions installed in-between for barrier.
- All tools will be disinfected between clients (e.g., shampoo bowls, chairs and headrests, shears, combs, brushes, razors, styling tools)
- Will be required to wear gloves, gowns or smocks, and prescription glasses, safety glasses or goggles.
- Will change into a clean smock or gown.
- Will change gloves and wash hands before and after each client
- Will use a clean cape on each client.
- Will not be permitted to share tools and supplies between workers (shears, combs, brushes, etc.)
- Will disinfect all tools between customers
- Will need to leave the building during their breaks
- Who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to stay home
- Are encouraged to self-identify symptoms or any close contact to a known or suspected COVID-19 case to NMSPA
- Who test positive for COVID-19 are encouraged to disclose to NMSPA for purposes of cleaning / disinfecting and contact tracing
- Any clients who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to stay home
- All clients will be required to wear face coverings. (Individual who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability will be advised to schedule an appointment in the future. In the meantime NMSPA will provide options for at home recommendations.)
- Clients will be asked to call the spa when they arrive for their appointment wait outside in their cars until NMSPA notifies them to come in.
- Appointments will be set up in a staggered form to reduce congestion during their appointment and at arrival / departure times.