- Visual markers were placed to encourage all clients to remain at least 6 feet apart are placed throughout the spa.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol are placed throughout.
- Waiting areas will be closed.
- All non-essential amenities have been removed (magazines, customer-facing water or coffee, coat rooms etc.)
- The spa will be frequently cleaned and disinfected (at least daily)
- Heavy transit areas and high-touch surfaces will be disinfected frequently throughout the day (e.g., doorknobs, rolling carts, bathrooms)
- In the event of a positive case, NMSPA will be shut down for a deep cleaning and disinfecting of the workplace in accordance with current CDC guidance.
- Are arranged to be spaced out at least 6 feet apart.
- Have physical partitions installed in-between for barrier.
- All tools will be disinfected between clients (e.g., shampoo bowls, chairs and headrests, shears, combs, brushes, razors, styling tools)
- Will be required to wear gloves, gowns or smocks, and prescription glasses, safety glasses or goggles.
- Will change into a clean smock or gown.
- Will change gloves and wash hands before and after each client
- Will use a clean cape on each client.
- Will not be permitted to share tools and supplies between workers (shears, combs, brushes, etc.)
- Will disinfect all tools between customers
- Will need to leave the building during their breaks
- Who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to stay home
- Are encouraged to self-identify symptoms or any close contact to a known or suspected COVID-19 case to NMSPA
- Who test positive for COVID-19 are encouraged to disclose to NMSPA for purposes of cleaning / disinfecting and contact tracing
- Any clients who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Centers for Disease Control (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to stay home
- All clients will be required to wear face coverings. (Individual who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition or disability will be advised to schedule an appointment in the future. In the meantime NMSPA will provide options for at home recommendations.)
- Clients will be asked to call the spa when they arrive for their appointment wait outside in their cars until NMSPA notifies them to come in.
- Appointments will be set up in a staggered form to reduce congestion during their appointment and at arrival / departure times.